CYCLING SAFETY: DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO.
Don’t lock your phone.
If you carry your phone as a safety device on rides, there’s no need to passcode lock it.
But there are many, many reasons not to. Here’s a big one.
When I had my latest bad crash, my phone was locked.
For the first couple hours I was in and out of consciousness. Mostly not.
In one of my rare moments of consciousness, face-down in some rocks, a stranger was holding my phone in front of my face begging me to remember the code (and my name). I got lucky and entered the right one (on the third try) and dialed my wife’s number. Then, went nighty-night again.
I get it wrong and my wife may not have known what happened.
I. Got. Lucky.
So forget the passcode.
Because heaven forbid, you may forget the passcode.
- kevinfinitespoon likes this
- ecaloshay likes this
- kahceniale likes this
- bicycleculture reblogged this from freshrosemary and added:
- willandamyrun-and-roll likes this
- amarantae likes this
- littletinyfish reblogged this from 18milesperhour and added:
- jeffridesabike reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- rhodeskc reblogged this from 18milesperhour and added:
- frittishbikes likes this
- foxwithsocks likes this
- mrwhites likes this
- runningwithaltitude likes this
- n2qfd likes this
- freshrosemary reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- freshrosemary likes this
- double-shot likes this
- bombandnormal likes this
- readkekeharyanto reblogged this from 18milesperhour and added:
- cameronfx likes this
- iaintcolemaness likes this
- jennlevo reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- unglyproductions likes this
- climbisallweknow likes this
- thistlegirl likes this
- bouncesoul likes this
- duck-duck-g00s3 likes this
- desotodeson likes this
- 18milesperhour posted this