TODAY I’M THANKFUL FOR: THE NIGHT-BEFORE-A-RIDE PREP
Most mornings I head out for a ride. I absolutely love everything about it, from the first, pre-ride cup of hot coffee to rolling up the driveway at the end of the ride soaked in sweat, capillaries open and flushed, mind crystal clear.
But it all starts the night before when I head out to the garage and get everything ready so I can just stroll out, slip it all on and get rolling.
My cycling mise en place.
This is when I decide whether it’s going to be road or mountain.
From there I think of the route.
Which helps me decide what to lay out, depending on the weather, type and length-of-ride.
I’m thankful for this routine because it makes me happy.
That I have the means to do it, physically and financially.
And mostly because I can find joy in such a simple thing.
Because when I do this, I truly enjoy what I have and don’t worry about what I have not.
It’s an uncomplicated way of thinking that I hope I never lose.
- windingify reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- frittishbikes likes this
- 1-trackmind reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- cubedweller likes this
- tylershannon likes this
- pippopanonymous likes this
- handlebarsnotfancycars likes this
- drizzleandahurricane likes this
- 28teeth likes this
- eskapo likes this
- thecuriousman likes this
- prolix21 likes this
- edscoble likes this
- edmiddleton reblogged this from bikarlan
- forthesuffering likes this
- mignac likes this
- jbrosinski likes this
- jbrosinski reblogged this from purodesmadree and added:
- purodesmadree reblogged this from bikarlan
- bikarlan reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- unglyproductions likes this
- bouncesoul reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- bouncesoul likes this
- chuchurocka likes this
- climbisallweknow likes this
- karlfun reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- karlfun likes this
- 18milesperhour posted this