ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE.
That’s an odd expression.
That can mean that things can only get worse from this point onward.
It can also mean that things are easy from this point onward.
This spot on my everyday, local trail ride illustrates that expression perfectly. In both ways.
It’s still about 5 miles to home but it’s all high-speed descent with a couple quick uphill sprints that are easily conquered with momentum.
It means that all the climbing and gruntwork is over and it’s time to relax and have some fun. Like a skier who’s “earned his turns.”
But it also means that the ride is almost over and momentum will carry me down the side of the mountain, right into the shower, into my car and into work.
Yep, this is the spot.
It’s all downhill from here.
- kisses-and-beautiful-bitches reblogged this from burningcarousel
- burningcarousel reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- markheal likes this
- lostindrawers reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- lostindrawers likes this
- jontahn likes this
- postrockoccam likes this
- karlfun likes this
- eskapo likes this
- forthesuffering likes this
- ssosa reblogged this from 18milesperhour
- theroderick likes this
- 18milesperhour posted this